Komoot releases new improved Garmin app
Major improvements for komoot and Garmin users
Potsdam 08.08.19, For immediate release
Komoot, the world’s leading route planning and navigation app, now brings additional value to its users who track their rides and hikes with Garmin devices. The new app is available for 40 Garmin devices including all Connect IQ supported EDGE cycling computers (520, 530, 820, 830, 1000, 1030**), all watches including Fenix 5 and newer (except Vivoactive 3), the Oregon 7 series and Gpsmap 66*.
This major update to the komoot Garmin app provides users with the familiar komoot experience, on their Garmin devices:
- Tours that have been planned in komoot are easier to find on Garmin devices thanks to additional filtering (by date, location, distance, and sport)
- Highlights that have been recommended or bookmarked on komoot are now easier to find on Garmin devices too, thanks to the same easy filtering
- Highlights can be navigated to directly from within the Garmin device
- Bookmarked komoot Collections can be viewed directly from within the Garmin device, and users can directly navigate tours in those Collections, or navigate directly to a highlight
- Once the Garmin is offline, downloaded Tours and Highlights can be directly navigated
In short, this means your komoot profile content is synced across platforms: See the same details whether looking at komoot on your desktop, in the app on your phone, or on a Garmin device.
*information about what Garmin devices support the komoot app can be found here.
The new komoot Garmin app can be downloaded here on the Garmin Connect IQ store.
More information on how to use the komoot app for Garmin can be found on this komoot FAQ page
Screenshots and images are available here.
Download PDFDownload PDF
Komoot empowers, enables and inspires people to explore more of the great outdoors. With its smart route planner, tips from other users, turn-by-turn voice navigation and inspirational content, it has become the outdoor app of choice for 10 Million people all over the world. Komoot is home to the largest digital group of outdoor experts in Europe. For the more adventurous outdoor enthusiast and cyclist, komoot recently launched a premium version aimed at those among its community who wish to ‘go further’. Komoot Premium has advanced features such as dynamic, on-Tour weather forecasting, a multi-day Tour planner and sports-specific maps. In 2020 komoot is the proud sponsor of the Atlas Mountain Race, the Silk Road Mountain Race and the Transcontinental Race and counts Lael Wilcox, Laurens ten Dam and Steffi Marth among its growing list of ambassadors.
Headquartered in Potsdam Germany, komoot currently employs approx. 60 people who work remotely all over Europe.