- Garmin Venu and Vivoctive® smartwatch owners can now be guided by komoot navigation.
- Advanced features bring ease of use to watch wearers fingertips: Tours and Collections can be located and filtered directly through watch interfaces.
- Watch owners can install the komoot for Garmin app from the Connect IQ store from their smartphone, or directly on their watches.
Potsdam, September 14th - Gone are the days when a smartwatch with navigation capabilities was the privilege of those who invested in a top-of-the-range product. What was yesterday’s competitive advantage becomes today’s standard - and superior navigation is no exception. Komoot believes that navigation is a feature that those who enjoy an easy-going hike or cycle in nature, as well as the more serious adventurist or performance athlete, should have access to.
In keeping with its mission “to make adventure accessible to all” the extension of the komoot CiQ app for Garmin to two more Garmin watch models, the vívoactive® and Venu, means navigation with these watches is now possible and a feature accessible to all owners of said watches, at no extra cost. Bringing the total number of Garmin devices supported by the komoot for Garmin app to nearly the entire product offering.
The komoot CiQ app for Garmin was developed in 2017 to provide owners of Garmin watches the possibility to access their komoot Tours from the watch interface. Once a komoot Tour is selected, navigation ensues using the device’s own built-in navigation feature. The app, available to download for free in the Garmin Connect IQ store, supports outdoor athletes and cyclists with quick access to their content on komoot and direct syncing back to their komoot profiles once their activity has been completed.
Garmin vívoactive® and Venu smartwatches have been designed for those who enjoy an active lifestyle. These devices do not have built-in navigation capabilities. However, komoot believes that everyone can benefit from navigation assistance and making navigation possible on these devices through komoot’s proprietary CiQ app brings the outdoors and exploration to the fingertips of even more people.
According to Ben Thompson, Director of Business Development at komoot, “Extending the komoot CiQ app for Garmin to the vívoactive® and Venu watches is aligned with our mission to make the outdoors more accessible to everyone. If the watch is capable of navigation, then we want to make it possible by connecting the dots between being inspired on komoot.com and planning a route, to sharing the navigation experience to devices for people to have more fun in the outdoors.”
- Easily access and navigate all the Tours you have planned and saved in your komoot profile directly from the watch interface or simply choose to record a new Tour
- Filter your komoot Tours by date, distance from your position and length of the Tour and locate your personal Collections
Once you have chosen a Tour to navigate, a mini-map will show, together with a summary of the most relevant stats and the elevation profile:
Media Kit images: https://newsroom.komoot.com/media_kits/229528