- Komoot launches 3 event Women's Rally series in 2023
- The first event of the komoot Women's Rally 2023 series is the GranGauche in January 2023 - Find out more in the route Collection here
- Komoot launches Women's Rally film created by Rue Kaladyte and Lael Wilcox and premiered at Kendal Mountain Festival
Potsdam - November 21st - After the success of the 2021 and 2022 komoot Women's Rally events, komoot launches a series of 3 rally events in 2023. The series is a joint venture between endurance cyclist Lael Wilcox and komoot.
The first komoot Women’s Rally was a direct response to women often being underrepresented in cycling, and it was clear from the first rally that Lael and komoot were onto something special. The rallies aim to connect, unite and breakdown the barriers in adventure cycling by making adventures by bike more accessible to women of all backgrounds. The goal of each komoot Women’s Rally is to share knowledge, learn-by-doing and above all else, have fun.
We’ve hosted three successful rallies– two on the Torino Nice Rally in Italy and France, and a third on the Montañas Vacías in Spain. The rallies are some of my favourite weeks of the whole year. It’s incredible to see women gain confidence and support each other along the way.Lael Wilcox
The first 2 rallies will take place in Europe, the Canary Islands and Slovenia, and the third will be the first komoot Women’s Rally in the US in Tucson, Arizona. All aiming to empower and encourage more women to experience some of the world's most beautiful long distance bikepacking routes.
The komoot Women’s Rally events are limited to 50 participants to keep an intimate feeling and ensure that small local towns and communities are not overstressed during the events. Lael says “Instead of increasing the numbers (of participants) we want to have more events, more opportunities to have these experiences in different places around the world. If you identify as a women these rallies are for you”
To view past rally routes, see upcoming events, and find out how to get involved visit the Women’s Rally komoot profile
Adventure cycling, new friends, spectacular landscapes and tremendous support – these are the ingredients that make up the komoot Women’s Rally events. Discover more about the adventures so far, and the events to come 2023 by watching the komoot Women’s Rally film by Rue Kaladyte.
The first rally in the 2023 series follows the GranGuanche gravel route in the Canary Islands, which was designed by Matteo Minelli. The event will take place from January 14th- 21st 2023.
The event will take place from January 14th- 21st 2023, and the route traverses 5 of the islands offering a unique bikepacking adventure. Every island has its own microclimate. Ferries connect them and the landscape has everything, huge mountains and beaches, deserts and rainforests.
Registration for the GranGuanche Rally is open from 20th to 27th November. Further information on how to register can be found in the komoot Collection.
The 50 participants names will be drawn out of a hat on 5th December and announced in the komoot Collection.
- September 2023 - komoot Women's Slovenia Rally - A route scouted and created by women specifically for the event will allow participants to experience the dramatic and diverse mixed terrain riding in Slovenia.
- November 2023 - komoot Women's Tucson Rally - Not only the first KWR in the US but the Tuscan route is also Lael Wilcox bikepacking backyard. Participants will experience Lael’s locals trails riding through desert landscapes and experience the real Sonoran Desert.
Media kit including komoot map of the Granguanche rally route : https://newsroom.komoot.com/en/media_kits/228789/
Here you'll find how to embed a komoot tour online: https://www.komoot.com/b2b/embed